English Bulldogs are the most popular breed of dog in America, and with good reason. They’re cute, they love to play, and they always have a smile on their face. But that doesn’t mean it’s easy for owners to find the right name for their lovable pup! If you’re struggling to come up with something clever or creative for your English Bulldog’s name, we’ve got you covered. Check out these 13 smart ways to save money on your English Bulldog’s name:
1) Use a nickname instead of an actual word for your dog’s name
This is a great way to avoid having to buy something like “Teddy Bear” or “Princess.” It also saves you the trouble of coming up with an actual word. You can use nicknames for names that are already in rotation, such as Bubba or Buddy. That being said, if you don’t want him/her named after someone else (a friend, family member), think about using a nickname instead!
English Bulldogs are the most popular breed of dog in America and with good reason: they’re cute; they love to play; and they always have a smile on their face. But that doesn’t mean it’s easy for owners to find the right name for their lovable pup.
Here are some tips for saving money on English Bulldog names:
* Use a nickname instead of an actual word for your dog’s name (this is a great way to avoid having to buy something like “Teddy Bear” or “Princess”) * If you don’t want him/her named after someone else, think about using a nickname instead!
† This saves you the trouble of coming up with an actual word. You can use nicknames for names that are already in rotation such as Bubba or Buddy. That being said, if you don’t want him/her named after someone else (a friend, family member), think about using this option! * Dog breeds come and go so you’ll be able to find a puppy for your English bulldog. * You get the same dog at a better price by waiting until it’s grown enough to breed them
* Let someone else (a friend, family member) name your pup! * If you have kids that are old enough to use their imagination or take on additional responsibilities then let them come up with some names for the new addition. * This way everyone can feel like they were part of this momentous occasion and will give your child one more thing they can boast about when he/she grows older. † Kids love feeling like an “insider” in these types of moments
* Save money by not making him/her a member of a dog club. * When we bought our English bulldog, he was not yet old enough to be registered for the AKC (American Kennel Club) and there is no fee!
* Register him as an “English Bulldog” instead of choosing from one of the many breeds that are offered. The term “English Bulldog” does not require any money or additional paperwork so you can save those dollars by registering your pup this way! ** Be aware: If you choose to register him with AKC it will cost $30 per year on top of the purchase price for registration papers (usually around $20). You’ll also need to provide evidence that his bloodline goes back at least three generations.
* Pet insurance is also a great way to save money! * We found the best place for pet insurance with our English bulldog was PetsBest.com, it offers an affordable plan and you can extend your coverage for up to three years at time of purchase. ** Be aware: Insurance plans vary in price so make sure that you compare prices before purchasing one. Plans are usually based on where you live, what type of pet you have (breed/age) etc., but the most important factor will be whether or not they cover hereditary diseases such as hip dysplasia and heart disease.
* When we adopted our English Bulldog he came with a free AKC registration certificate which included his name and lineage back to the 1800s. * If your dog is pure-bred, you can use their AKC registration to get a free pedigree certificate which includes all of the same information as well as some more details about his family history!
* Another great way that we found an affordable English Bulldog name was by using our state’s website for registering animals. * We were able to list any desired name and it came with “free” pet tags which are required in order to be registered so this saved us on top of getting a personalized tag with our pup’s new name. ** Be aware: It may not work right away if there are other people who have already made requests but we just had to wait until someone approved ours before making another request.
* You can also use sites like Etsy or Ebay to find one-of-a-kind and personalized English Bulldog names for a surprisingly affordable price. * The prices on these websites are determined by the seller so it’s best if you know what your budget is first before browsing, as many of them have their own requirements such as asking for upfront payment before they start working with you. ** We found that this site was very helpful in finding great suggestions at different price points! * This site offers free shipping which is awesome because there’s nothing worse than paying more just to get an item delivered when it doesn’t even cost anything in the first place!
* Another way we were able to save money on our English Bulldog’s name is by brainstorming with friends and family to come up with a unique option that we all loved.
* One of the best ways to save money on our English Bulldog’s name was by searching for an existing, unused one instead of creating something new; this not only saved us time but also allowed us to avoid paying someone else who would have charged more than what it costed us in the first place. * We found ours at an abandoned parking lot located close to where he now lives!
A good way to save some cash when naming your dog is by purchasing its namesake from another company that already has them available. ** You can find many examples like these through online retailers such as Amazon or local pet stores. Another great way to save money on your English Bulldog’s name is by picking one that already exists, rather than coming up with something new and unique! * One of the best ways to do this is through brainstorming with friends and family members, as well as searching for a popular option online that you like. * We saved quite a bit of cash by doing this because we were able to find exactly what we wanted without having to come up with it ourselves or finding an alternative that was costly enough not worth purchasing at all. ** Another bonus? It only took us about ten minutes total in order to reach our decision–not too long considering how much time could have been wasted if we had decided making one from scratch would